So you are going somewhere for your summer vacation. Yey! No matter your destination, you are living the dream. There is one problem though: what will you carry during your trip? There are way too many options. When it comes to clothes, accessories and even cosmetics… what to carry and what to leave!? Remember in every trip or vacation the luggage detail matters a lot. Therefore; is there a formula to knowing what you should carry and what you should leave?
Relax. I’m here to help. No need to panic. Yes, there is a formula. There are some steps that can guide you on what to carry during your vacation. There are some things that you must carry to your vacation destination.
Here are some steps that will guide you on knowing exactly what to carry:
- Do some research on your vacation destination. Every luggage detail depends on the destination. This will help you know the temperatures, the activities to be done there and the culture of the people in that place. This will assist you in deciding what to carry. It also helps ensure that everything you carry is completely necessary. Remember picking the best luggage depends on your trip, there is no one perfect set of bags for every vacation.
- Get a friend’s opinion. It’s hard deciding on what’s necessary and what’s pretty. When you get help, you will be able to stay focused on what is necessary and get help deciding on what pretty thing to carry. Left to yourself, you will probable carry pretty things only and forget the necessary things only, or take necessary things you really don’t think are pretty.
- Have a theme. Having a theme will help you remember everything you would like and will keep you from carrying stuff ‘just in case’. It works almost like having a list. The aim of that is remaining focused on what to carry and what not to carry.
- Carry some basic emergency medication. Don’t just research on the kinds of clothes you should carry, research on the kinds of illness you might suffer from during your trips. If you are supposed to get a vaccination, please do. And carry painkillers. You never know what might happen.
- Necessary gadget accessories: for example a GPS guide device or a map for finding location of where you are and where you want to be. An extra mobile phone in case of one is lost and you won’t get stranded, you can still call the hotel or agent. A camera to day is very important in any vacation for documentation purposes and to help recall where you went. Currency calculator is very important though most people would prefer to use a laptop or a tablet through online currency calculators mostly when going for vacation in another country.
These basic steps are there to guide and not dictate for you what to carry and what not to carry. If you feel like you should carry something, yet it defies the steps outlined above, carry it if it might help along the way. Remember that a vacation is a time for you to enjoy and be happy. Wishing you carried something you left at home will only ruin your vacation, worse of is wishing you did not carry the unnecessary heavy bag.